When you are accepted into Freemasonry there are a few commitments that you should understand if you wish to get the best out of our fraternal society, and at the same time, contribute to your Lodge, your Province and Freemasonry in general.
The criteria for acceptance
- You must be at least 21 years of age. (Unless you are the son of a Freemason).
- Be of sound character and judgement.
- Have a firm belief in a Supreme Being.
NB: This does not necessarily mean the Christian God (another falsehood), people from all religions are welcome, and you will at no time be asked to do, say, or partake in anything that in anyway goes against your faith.
We serve our Lodge by:
- Attending regularly and participating in the ceremonies through which the high moral standards to which we aspire are reinforced
- Paying Lodge fees when required
- Keeping the few traditional Masonic forms of recognition within the confines of the Lodge
- Preserving harmony at our meetings
- Contributing regularly to our charities
- Joining in the social activities
We promise to support and serve our fellow members by:
- Respecting their family
- Defending their good character in their absence
- Keeping their confidences – except anything contrary to the laws of our own religion or country.
Our Dress code
The dress code in most lodges is similar:
- a dark lounge suit
- an appropriate tie, ideally black
- white shirt.
- white gloves.
- black shoes.
If you have any further questions or are interested in joining please do so via our contact page